HybridZ

4x4 vented brake conversion

Does anyone out there have a good source for the spacer required to fit the Toyota 4x4 vented brake set up? I know Ross in Canada has a set up available but I was looking for any additional sources that sells a quality spacer as well in the event Ross doesn't sell the spacer alone.

Thankz

Member HereComesTrouble posted a wanted ad in the classifieds for 4x4 brake spacers as well. He said he sent $110.00 to Ross at Modern Motorsports and never got his product. I am willing to join this group buy, dont want to deal with someone who doesnt follow through.

Here is his post;

http://classifieds.hybridz.org/showproduct.php?product=4867&cat=26

I contacted Ross over the weekend about some spacers, before I started this post. I haven't heard from him or anyone in his company. That's one reason I'm looking for alternate sources.

Also, Coldfusion responded and asked how many spacers I needed. My response was that I needed 2 sets, some of you showed interest and a couple of my Z club members (TZCC) here in Va. were interested in some, but he hasn't responded to my last 2 communications.

If I could get the data to make some, I believe I can have them made locally, but so far no one has offered the info. If any of you know anyone that has a set, maybe we can offer something to entice them to supply the info????

Well that explains why Ross is MIA. Hopefully he'll respond when he returns. Now that we have some data, I'll start the process of getting quotes for these spacers.

Anyone interested, please let me know how many sets and for what models (240, 280). I'm guessing the more ordered the less they'll be. I'm in for 2 sets of 240Zs and 1 set for the 280Z (if they turn out to be different)

So, spread the word to your friends, want ads posters and club mates.

I was wondering the same thing. I'm not sure what the lip is for. I was under the assumption that they didn't need to be hubcentric for the early Z cars.......

I need to do more digging. FYI kyle found those dwgs on the brake FAQ pages. He still has stock brakes.

What material are your spacers made of?

I recieved my Spacers from Ross this week. The spacer for a 280Z 4X4 Toyota conversion is 5/16 inch thick and I assume 4 equal stacks of grade 8 washers stacked 5/16 inches high would work for each hub. ^The MMS spacers are light and precision made.

DO NOT use washers to replace spacers.. just dont do it =/