HybridZ

30 over bore for L28

Hello, I took my block to a friend of a friend mine who worked at an engine shop. He bored my L28 to .30. I did this last year and now it's time to build my engine. The shop has since closed. I see that new pistons are either .50 or 1.0mm for my block. Does anyone sell .30 or do I have to get my block re-bored. :cry:

Hmm... I wonder why the shop closed? :wink:

I think you'll be needing a rebore. I've never seen .030 over pistons. Also the bore usually isn't done until the pistons are in hand. They have to be pretty close tolerance, so what I'd do is take the block to another machinist, see if they can get pistons or if you need a rebore. Once that is settled have them bore and hone to match the pistons you buy.

Hehe, not to side track or anything, but I thought it was Miss Snuk? It's about time you started checking out the forums.

Hey! This is Miss Snuk ;) Yeah I've been on here more. My project is back on track as you can probably tell from my site.