HybridZ

rb25 240hp,200tq dyno vids

bryan01

i didnt get a print out of that, i'll try to get it when i go back in a few days to say hi once the car is driving around (i'm still working on other stuff before it gets on the road completely). but it was perfectly level all the way across.

the tuner was awesome. he basically would pick a boost pressure load and throttle up to that, and keep it at that thru the rpm range. then the dyno would output the afr at that load and he would richen or lean it at the points that needed it and move on to the next boost range simply moving his way thru the ve fuel table. it gets to all the points in the ve table that you normally won't use, like partial throttle at redline etc. i drove it around the parking lot earlier today and it's amazing what a tune does.

stock boost, just over 8psi.

i've got a 2 bar map on my megasquirt, but for some reason at 8+psi it was already maxing out my ve table bins. i have to look into it. i may have to get the 4 bar map to turn it up any, i definately wont max that out, but i'd have to retune it

Hmm, so the tuner was familiar with MS?

more or less. the shop apparenly has 2 tuners, one who does nissan stuff like FC or aem and one that does honda stuff like hondata ... the hondata guy started doing megasquirt not so long ago, but doesnt like it much b/c of the countless number of builds; thats why he used my computer b/c everything was already setup on it for my car.

i setup everything, and got it running. i never even opened the VE fuel table, i just ran it on the "stock" map. it was good enough to idle with but that was about it. the hardest part is getting the MS setup, so the tuner was happy. from what i remember reading you can set your bins of your VE table, so you set your limits of the table and then any points you want to use in between. but maybe the limits are set by your hardware? i'll have to check when i hook up my laptop tomorrow, but i didnt understand why i'd be maxing out my table at 8psi w/ a 2bar map in the MS. gauge vs absolute? the tuner didnt mess w/ any of the settings, just the VE table values, which he tuned using the same method he tunes his honda's with. just set 1 axis parameter in the table and run thru the other axis, increase the first axis parameter, continue ...

yeah the sensor should be good up to 21psi according to the megasquirt info file, i think somehow the upper limit of my VE table got set to about 8psi, which just happened to be what my engine was stock ?? doesn't make complete sence but ok, i've seen wierder things happen.

i'll look into it, hopefully i'll just have to reset the limits and go back for some more tuning, or maybe by that point i'll feel comfortable enough doing the upper part of the map ... but that's probably more of a reason to go back to the dyno. the tune was the best $$ i've spent on the car yet. it's sooo smoothe

edit: yeah, after reading more i think the guy who i bought the squirt from had his turbo set to 8#'s, so he had his map maxing out at that. it just so happened that my car stock hit that as well. so it's a great ve table setup for the stock engine. when i get a boost controller and some gauges in the car thou i'm going to rescale it and go back for another hour of tuning. he should be able to reuse the bottom 1/2 of my current map and just add on the extra boost tuning since nothing will change about the voltage from the sensor. i was worried that i'd hvae to get a new map sensor and have to redo everything from scratch.

mainstream performance in powder springs, it's just west of atlanta, they've got a website but just to warn you it's really hard to get them on the phone. once i did they would call me back etc and were great.

dave (ZUL8R) takes his car there too, and DAMN does he have a lot of dyno time logged in their computer :)