HybridZ

Accusump Fitting Problems

260DET

Anticipating space problems I got the smallest model and the you beaut EPC electric valve. The main oil gallery in the engine block has been tapped as the connecting point, it really was the only practical option.

Anyway it turns out that the EPC electric valve is a big brass lump of a thing that looks like it is made for some industrial application where weight and bulk are irrelevant. The Accusump reservoir can be fitted in but there is no space for the EPC valve in the proximity.

Other than use a compact manual valve and so lose the pressure regulating feature of the EPC I can't think of a practical solution to the problem. Car will be driven on the road a bit but has been primarly built to do circuit racing.

I mounted my 3 quart accusump behind the dash. It has the electric valve and I ran the feed line thru the fire wall with a bulkhead fitting. Slight modifacation to the ventilation system but it still functions.

THis is on a street car that also sees alot of track days.

It sometimes help to write the problem down, apparently :)

Anyway, the solution in my situation is to mount the oil pressure switch directly into the block oil gallery. Thats the switch which operates the valve, it comes with a big clunky brass inline adaptor which is now not going to be used.

Saved some weight and ended up with a more compact installation.