HybridZ

Apparently.. there is a Ferrari V12 in a Z here in Colorado

proxlamus©

Basically the court ruled that Ferrari failed to stipulate the "use" of the molds when they were provided to Maranello Concessionaires so they can not do so now. The story continues but in the end the guy who owned the bucks and the bucks themselves have disappeared off the face of the earth.

Sounds like Enzo's boys made him an offer he couldn't refuse!

veritech-z It’s tough to tell but judging from the firewall and the rest of the engine compartment that is an actual Ferrari.

you're right, I went back and re-read the original thread, and that's pretty much what she described. Sorry for the mix up on my part everybody!

here's a link to the thread in question:

http://forums.hybridz.org/showthread.php?t=115111&highlight=darn+gtos

No one I know on Ferrari boards has heard of this either. Speedracer, I have a tired SOHC 4390 cc columbo engine for sale if you really want to try. :)

The F1 engine is kewl, but reserve is likely around $80k missing a lot of parts. The pic posted earlier was of a 250 PF converted to GTO body by Greg Jones in Florida.

When Joe Alphabet was selling these he apparently sold ferrari V12's to a few buyers, however my guess is most of those engines eventually found their way out of the cars over time - especially in the 90's when the prices on original F-car stuff began climbing into the stratosphere. I recently saw a fresh rebuilt Columbo engine with 6 carbs available and the price was nearly $100k, worn out but rebuildable 3 carb engines generally go around $20,000