HybridZ

Great doner parts cars for Z mods

Careless

I know it's been a while since anyone has posted here, but I'm finally in a position to start this conversion on my 260Z based Velo Rossa project.

I picked up '94 Camry regulators today at the local PickNPull. Under $80 with warranty.

post-4015-074797800 1341886171_thumb.jpg

Bench tested... both work perfectly and seem very quiet.

I don't have a time frame to complete this project, but will try to post any significant progress as I go.

Keep us updated! I've been hoping for a lightweight affordable electric option to be found.

Are they from the front or rear doors? What controls are you planning on using?

These are from the front doors. Haven't decided on switches yet.

Okay. So, after what amounts to three full days using the "trial and error" technic, I've finally installed the drivers side regulator. Rather than explain what I actually did during this arduous process, I think it would be better just to post pics of the final result, with a little commentary. As they say, a picture is worth a thousand words.

I compared the curved path of the Camry actuator track with the door's outer guide track. It doesn't take much force to bend the actuator track to match the guide track. In fact the actuator track is so thin it would be very easy to put a kink in it if pushed on too hard.

post-4015-083927800 1342399401_thumb.jpg

Cut off the old mounting brace. It's unnecessary and won't allow the track to fit.

post-4015-052224800 1342399403_thumb.jpg

Using the two videos of operating windows in this thread, I approximated the actuator tracks upper mounting point. Getting all three tracks (actuator, outer guide and inner guide) to line up took forever. Here's the final positioning.

post-4015-008465300 1342399400_thumb.jpg

The window frame attached to the actuator. There's a nut spacer between the window frame and actuator. The Z bracket will be replaced with one that doesn't require a spacer.

post-4015-023594700 1342399398_thumb.jpg

I cut too much sheet metal, and had to add the strap in order to mount the motor.

I ground the lip down on the top of the window frame in order to clear the back of the motor during operation.

post-4015-046350100 1342399405_thumb.jpg

I hope this helps.

Here's how it turned out.

Power Windows

Hopefully the passenger side will be easier.

Edited by Fauxre