HybridZ

245/50/16 on ZXT??

I just bought the Sportmax 002s..16x8 with 0 offset..Im curious if anyone out there knows if I can fit a 245/50/16 under a ZXT on Tokicos??I want to run a staggered tire setup with the ^^ in the back,,and a 225/50/16 in the front..Opinions are also welcome on what you may think is the best tire size to go with..The car wont be tracked..Im more concerned with the appearance end of it..Thanks..

PS..If anyone has any pics of a ZXT on 245/50/16s,,post up...

Well I am running 265/35/18's on my car that are +35 offset with 20mm spacers in the rear. So they are basically a +15mm rim with the spacers on. I used to have 17x7's with a +42mm offset and a 38mm spacer. Those rims had 222/45/17's on them and in back I had tons of room in both directions, no strut clearance issues and it wasn't close to rubbing on the fender either. I don't know for sure 100% but I wouldn't think that those would be a problem.

They will be close in front though if you plan to run the 245's all the way around. I have 18x7.5" rims in front running a 225/40 tire and there isn't much clearance between the tire and the strut tube. You may also rub on the fender when turning.(mine is pretty close there too).

Guy

• 2 months later...

okay i know this is an old post but haven't really gotten a true confirmation. have a 83 zx and i want to run 245/45/16 tires all around on the sportmax but i plan on lowering about 1" in the future with st springs and tokicos. so am i going to have to roll the front?

With the 245's, you will have to roll the lips in the rear wheelwells...

Thomas @ Z Service Unlimited in the Marietta/Smyrna area of GA had them on his 600 HP ZXT and actually cut the lips away...

I have 245s/Tokico on the rear and it fits perfectly. No cutting or lip rolling, and some space to spare. I think I can even go up to 255.

I have 16x9 rears and 16x8 front running the 245/50 out back and 225/50 up on the front. I was looking for some wheels and ended up buying the entire car for parts. I dont know the offset of them but the car is lowered about 1 1/2" and have no clearance problems. It did have a 1/2" spacer up front but the fenders didn't need to be rolled. The set up looks bad ass in my opinion, just the right size all around...Here's the pics of the parts car.