HybridZ

need experienced opinion..

Bchappy

I don't want to shoot that one down out of hand.... but my repair department wont even take those in on trade, and parts are apparently hard to come by. That being said, it might be worth it.... but I would look into parts availability first, or buy a new Lincoln or Miller with much better support and a solid track record, for around $100 bucks more.

Thanks for the input I think that is what I am going to do...

Believe it or not my buddy has that TIG and is looking to get rid of it because he wants something different and I might pick it up down the road but I am welcome to it whenever I need.

It kind of sucks because it looks like ill have to buy another air compressor as of a few minutes ago... so the MIG may go on a wait...:fmad:

I like the cart and the stich he did was decent but as far as the welder goes id pass on it as said the parts are hard to get (dad has a similar model) id get a miller /lincoln both respectable names (i chose a lincoln cause i dont have miller money) Hobart is nice as well.....

-Rez

I have had a century welder for 7 or 8 years now. Never had a problem with it. People get a little too hung up on name brands some time.

The only problem I see with that machine is he doesn't give you much info on it. If he at least gave you a model number you could look up what capabilities it might have and how old it might be.

Talk him down to $400 and go for it. It must have a good feed mechanism if it welds aluminum. It sure has a lot of knobs.

like Pop N Wood said, haggle him for 400 or 450 at the most.

I have a Century welder that doesn't even have a tensioner drive on it (I use two magnets in funny ways to give the roll tension), and i've welded a table out of an old angle-iron bed frame that has been holding up a water heater tank that's about 600 - 700 lbs full for about 8 months now.

I'd say its not too bad, but go check it out definately, and ask what's wrong with it.

Mine is a Century Powermate 225 mig, and i got it for 300 bucks =)