HybridZ

running rich or lean?

eightytwoturbo

Well I am starting to get fuel issues again with my car, I can pinch off the line going to my FPR and it revs great but when I let go and let it run normal it bogs and wont rev past 2k, I just bought a brand new FPR so I know this isnt the problem, is my motor saying "TOO MUCH FUEL?" But I just thought the regulator was just for the return line eh? I know it is not a vacuum leak because sometimes it would run perfect then back to crap. And my vacuum is reading 25. Fuel pressure seems normal.

I use to have this problem but then it would go away after driving it for about 10-15 minutes but now I think its here to stay and has been like this for 4 days.

Here are some of the things ive tried:

plugs

plug wires

rotor cap and button

new injector plugs

fuel rail

cylinder head temp sensor

timing

brand new TPS

Mass air flow sensor

The car is stock 280ZXT besides intake/exhaust. Any Idea's what could be causing this? Im pulling my hair out!!

What is your actual fuel pressure?

Short of that, there is no other place to start from the information in the post.

Clean connections on all EFI related points, including ECU plugs and pins.

Clamping the return line makes fuel pressure go up, meaning lean. Normally everything makes these run rich...

"Bogs" is a pretty non-descriptive adjective, do you mean it's popping and backfiring and just not going over 2K? If so, I'd look to dirty electrical connections on injectors and the ECU failing all else.

Ive cleaned everything atleast 3x dealing with the EFI including the ecu.

Bogs as in holding the gas down and the rpms go up then down, intake pop and backfire yes, more of sputter/spit sound.

I have taken it to Nissan and they said my fuel pressure was correct...when this problem was going on. Guess I have to buy a gauge and test but dont see the point if nissan said all was good.

What else would you like to know? I need help asap... confused =/