HybridZ

ok now im pissed

MaTTSuN

this thing does not want to work

everything looks like it works but the spark is not there

i messed with the spark i every way to get it to work but all i can get is running on like 3 cylinders and now i cant even get that

i dont know what to do i think im lost

i pretty much have metros msq as a starting point the one in mobys sticky

this msq worked the first time i started the car but then i loaded it again from a different computer and it got all messed up..... did i damage something when i did that?

ever since then it wont run

should i unhook my ms from my car and take it to my dads computer where i have the orginal msq that worked?....

i just want to drive the car ive always talked about haha the 350z killer ...

i might unhook my ms from my car and take it to my dads tomorrow its just might be crazy enough to work.......... man this is fun

still kinda pissed

From your other post you said you have to run a +45 trigger angle addition to get it to do anything. That is not correct for an 83 style turbo dizzy (don't remember if that is what you are using). You should be able to run a trigger angle of ~60 with no addition. Otherwise it sounds like your dizzy/oil pump was timed wrong.

ok i loaded the msq from my dads computer the one the made my car run and drive ok in the first place

looks like something is messed up it ran allot better BUT it still feels like its running on 3 or 4 cylinders and is pretty ruff

so i guess the next step is to hook up a hei to trigger the ignition. can i do that with a burnt VB921 coil driver? just switch the ignition to the fidle output ?

It will not run without a functional VB921 because it fires one coil which fires all plugs through the distributor.

Did you check the basics like spark on all cylinders?

Did you check your timing with a timing light?

Does the timing match what is set in you timing map?

Have you checked to see that all injectors are firing? With the engine running, pull the injector plugs one at a time. If the idle doesn't change, you know that either the injector or the spark plug is not firing for that cylinder.

also check your firing order, 153624 Counterclockwise. I recently installed the plug leads in reversed order (clockwise) and the engine actually ran. Only the number 1 and 6 cylinder were timed correctly and the engine still ran!!! Not very well though :(

ok so if the VB921 is damaged it would not do anything? like no spark at all?

i guess that would be "good" since i can start looking else where like the injectors, it would be hard to get it to idle since its running so rough but im sure i could figure something out.

ill be doing so more test tonite to see if i can track it down

my wires are in the right order

ill check my injectors

check my crank timing

and see what i got

on the relay board it looks like i only used 2 injector ports on the - side

on the wirering diagram it say to use 2 on each bank 2 for 1,2,3 and 2 for 4,5,6.

can this be giving me trouble now and the injectors are not getting enough volts?

im going to wire it up after work and see if it works better

on the relay board it looks like i only used 2 injector ports on the - side

on the wirering diagram it say to use 2 on each bank 2 for 1,2,3 and 2 for 4,5,6.

can this be giving me trouble now and the injectors are not getting enough volts?

im going to wire it up after work and see if it works better

There are only two injector drivers on the MS, so each one needs to fire 3 injectors.

on the relay board there are 4 outputs

the first 2 for 123 and the 2nd 2 for 456

i have one on the first 3 injectors hooked up ti the first slot

i have the last 3 hooked up to the 3rd slot on the board

what im thinking it hooking up the first 3 injectors on the first 2 slots and the last 3 injectors to the next two

thats how its done on the diagram on the DIY site

i forget who drew it, but im going to give it a shot

ive messed with my timing all i can

i think its sometihng with the injectors now

could i have burnt out my injectors some how when i loaded the wrong code and ran it for a bit (had to get home)

on the relay board there are 4 outputs

the first 2 for 123 and the 2nd 2 for 456

i have one on the first 3 injectors hooked up ti the first slot

i have the last 3 hooked up to the 3rd slot on the board

what im thinking it hooking up the first 3 injectors on the first 2 slots and the last 3 injectors to the next two

thats how its done on the diagram on the DIY site

i forget who drew it, but im going to give it a shot

ive messed with my timing all i can

i think its sometihng with the injectors now

could i have burnt out my injectors some how when i loaded the wrong code and ran it for a bit (had to get home)

Yes, there are 4 connections, but only 2 output drivers in the MS. Connect 1 to injectors 123, and 3 to injectors 456.

im running the 81 cas

My msns-e setup starting working right about the time i ditched my piece a sh*t 81 cas and just went with hall effect. for about $40 you can run hall effect, without a dizzy.

three mags glued into the crank pulley, mount a sensor, and you're done. and the best part is, you can glue the mags in wherever you want, so you can know exactly how many * to set it to in ms!

so what kind of glue and magnets and what kind of sensor do u use?

ill be upgrading to a better system when i get the bugs out of this one

i have a feeling my injectors are giving me the trouble since some of my spark plugs are clean and dry and just a couple others are black maybe i got 4 injectors out or 3 and one kinda out

im cleaning them right now they all seam to flow when i push the needle in, im going to reinstall them and see what happens

next post.....1 hour... ha

ok ok it took 2 hours

BUT

she runs

you know what it was......

it could not have been any easier

i knew i looked at it at least 3 times

injector fuse

haha im so sorry for all my mumbles and grumbles haha

thanks for the support guys

now when i see the same kinda post

ill say