HybridZ

Need some TPI help. Not Z related

I am having a problem with my 88 Trans AM GTA. Most of the time it runs fine, but the past few weeks it has been giving me problems. About a month ago I was crusing around town and the car died with no warning. It would not restart so I pushed it into a nearby parking lot to let the car (and myself) cool down a bit. After a while it fired right up and I took it home. I replaced the ign control module thinking it could be getting weak and the car seemed fine until a week ago. On the way to work (35 miles) It started to miss and rapidly degraded until it finaly quit. Same story, cool down and restart. Took it to my mechanic, no problems found. brought it home and the next morning it wouldn't start. The next day I picked up a noid light to make sure injectors were firing and of course it decided to fire right up! I did a quick visual inspection and found a connector on the firewall that was partially melted. Could anyone tell me what this connector is? Any thoughts or opinions are welcome.

Here's a pic of the connector. Wire colors on the left side are black green and light blue. On the right side it appears that only the black and blue are there, don't know if the green melted off but I don't see it lying any where near.

Thanks for the help

Jason

IMG_0384_0_.jpg

sounds like possibly a TPS issue?? Find the thorttle position sensor. With the car running, wiggle the heck out of the wiring for the thing, and tap it... listen to hear for any changes.

A shot in the dark, but I figured I would take the swag anyhow.