HybridZ

My tires suck and look too big.

you compared 14 to 15", and the way you phrased it, you wanted to go to stock size, ie. 205/60/15. 205/70/14 is the overall equivalent diameter of 205/60/15. the middle number is a ratio of sidewall height to overall tire width. ie. 205mm sectional width, 60% of that is sidewall height, 15" rim.

Maybe I got the wrong numbers for the stock tire size. What is the stock tire size of a 280zx rim (5 spoke) maybe that will help clarify I got the other number from zcar.com. I understand what your talking about now. It just looks like I have too much sidewall on my tires and theres a bunch of bulge too, I don't know I just don't think I have the right size tires for my car.

The 82 FSM lists 195/70HR14, 205/70R14, and 205/60R15 as normal sizes. IIRC, only the turbos came with 15-inchers, so you "should" be using 195/70 or 205/70 tires.

My stock wheels are wearing 205/70R14 and looking just fine to me, aside from the actual condition of the tires....