HybridZ

240Z Body Leans to Right

Just finished installing Arizona Z springs 180 lb/in front and 225 lb/in rear with Tokico performance shocks. Made a major improvement in both ride and handling. However, the car has always had a slight lean to the right. The new springs and shocks improved the lean, but watching the car go down the road from the rear I still see the car leaning to the right. The car also pulls slightly to the right if you let go of the steering wheel. Is it time to visit the frame shop?

Thanks

Miles

Just hard to say without looking at the car. Examine the area around the battery carefully. If that has rusted away it could well have caused the strut tower to move. Maybe somebody mixed and matched an older strut housing and newer one at some point in its life? (240 vs 280) Probaly would be best to have somebody check it out.

Mike

I actually did find that the previous owner had installed a 280 rear strut on the driver's side. To compensate for the difference in strut length he installed spring lifters on the side with the shorter 240 strut. I caught it when I rebuilt the rear brakes last Feb. So I went the bone yard and bought a 240Z rear strut for $75.00. No problems so far. I will measure the front struts to make sure they didn't get mixed up too. I have had to undo just about everything the previous owner did to the car. I was much more careful on the second 240Z I bought for future V8 conversion. Everything on the car still works.

thanks

Miles