HybridZ

Three Fuel lines

wrxand280z

Sorry if this has already been answered but I have done 3-4 searches and I can't seem to find the answer.

I'm running a sbc with an edelbrock carb and I know my 280z fuel pump will not work as it is.

1. Should I replace the fuel pump with an aftermarket fuel pump or should I get a fuel by pass regulator that regulates the pressure to 6.5psi and returns the rest to the pump for cooling?

2. If I replace the fuel up with an inline pump I know I need a regulator and gauge. What do I do with the other two lines?

3. What are the other 2 lines used for? I know ones a return line but whats the 3rd line used for and do I need it?

Thanks,

Joe

The three lines are fuel feed, fuel return and vapor vent to the charcoal canister. A simple replacement pump pushing 10psi should work fine for the carb, a regulator should have a return on it to keep from over pressurizing the system and burning up the pump. I'm pretty sure all of this has been covered somewhere. Look around at Summit racing and you should find everything you need.

This is a pretty good read

http://www.centuryperformance.com/fuel.asp

There guidelines for fuel line sizes seem to be on the high side. Most guys seem to get by with less.

A lot of guys seem to run fine with a single line and a dead head regulator. But I think everyone also agrees that a return style regulator is a superior set up. It can also be a good bit more expensive for a quality regulator and a second return line. The cost of fittings can really add up quick.

A lot of it depends on your HP goal. You may want to upgrade to all 3/8 inch line. This will give you good growth potential.