HybridZ

Needed new tires soo... "Burnout Video of GTO"

Thumper

:burnout:It was time to get new tires so I HAD to help dispose of the old ones. The stock ones are 245/45r17's and I put 275/40's. They barely fit but don't rub.

Sorry about the poor quality but I was trying to keep the size down and had the camera on low resolution. Next vid will be with high res.

Thanks Warren. Nah not as crazy as I once was, but thats a good thing. Just fyi that was in an abandoned grocery store's parking lot.

The car has the mods listed in my signature. This is the third car i've run dynomax bullet mufflers and every car sounds good with it. I've run a 4cyl, my 280zxt, and now my gto. For $40 a pop me likey.

Nice vid. Your Goat sounds great. I'm on the verge of redoing my exhaust and was curious about those bullet mufflers. I saw 'em on summit for 40 bucks. How loud are they (compared perhaps to a borla, or sound reduction from open pipes)? Do you happen to still have any vids of your l28et with that muffler?

I'm on the verge of redoing my exhaust and was curious about those bullet mufflers. I saw 'em on summit for 40 bucks. How loud are they (compared perhaps to a borla, or sound reduction from open pipes)? Do you happen to still have any vids of your l28et with that muffler?

Yep sure do.

This is a l28et with stock downpipe then about 2 feet of pipe then the bullet muffler. Nothing else. The bullet is deeper and slightly quieter than open and a fair amount louder than borla's.

Oh wow, that sounds awesome. The short exhaust with just the bullet muffler and downpipe was exactly what I was thinking of. From the shape of it, I was worried about getting a high pitched ricey fart-like tone.

Thank you, I now know my next muffler.

Was that a 2.5" or 3" on the zx?

Oh wow, that sounds awesome. The short exhaust with just the bullet muffler and downpipe was exactly what I was thinking of. From the shape of it, I was worried about getting a high pitched ricey fart-like tone.

Thank you, I now know my next muffler.

Was that a 2.5" or 3" on the zx?

I believe it was a 2.5" because that would have been my downpipe size but not 100% sure.

Tell me more about these mufflers Ted.

http://store.summitracing.com/partdetail.asp?autofilter=1&part=WLK%2D24222&N=700+4294923429+4294922711+400358+115&autoview=sku

They not really mufflers more like resonators. But they have sounded good on all the vehicles I have tried them on. FYI they are loud if stock is an 1 and open exhaust is a 10 so these would be 8.5-9.0 and borlas/flowmaster would be a 7. They last long and i've never had a problem with them falling apart or rusting.

You know, I watched that video and didn't even pay attention that well. My car is currently so quiet it's pathetic. Running 3" stainless exhaust, a cat and a magnaflow 3" in dual 3" out. Absolutely quiet when idling and barely any noise during accelleration. Sounds like POOPOO going down the track. Makes me wonder if I should have just used the cheapie parts...oh well, live & learn.