HybridZ

Cummings Monte

660Z

• Administrators

Interesting. The sound definitely does not fit the car.

Ok, so when is someone going to put one in an S-30? Modern Cummins with the Electronic diesel injection. With the chip upgrades, free flowing exhaust, maybe even a Turbo upgrade, head work, etc, 300-400 HP, (700+ lbs of torque), is totally realistic and should put an S-30 at least into the high 12’s. Probably wouldn’t be much great corner carving track car, though with attention paid to the suspension, it could be made to turn fairly well for a street car. It would probably make for a decent street strip project, or just a proof of concept.

Yeah Stony, they're huge. I toyed with Powerstroking an old Lincoln my dad and I have, but the big diesels are just so... big. The Duramax is do-able/relatively small, but still pretty heavy. There's been a Duramax'ed Chevelle put together already. I think it's a matter of right engine for the right car. -Sure, a Donovan can be made to fit in a Nash Metropolitan, but there are better choices.

I've been trying to talk my dad into buying an old Lemans so we can make a DTO. We've got a few GM 6.2 and 6.5 diesels just sitting about just waiting to be turboed and slapped in. It would make for a neat driver with decent mileage.