HybridZ

rb20 Transmission

mannyvig

Ok most likely going to go with brians 25 trans. As far as the clutch and flywheel are concerned:

The Spec carbon-kevlar stage2+ clutch will prob be the one on order but not to sure about the flywheel. Exedy has a decent reputation and they have a semi decent al one for around $350. Not sure how much i would trust that. (We all saw the pics of a wheel goung through the hood). Anyone have a decent wheel to bolt to an rb20. Or does anyone have opinions on the matter.

JGY customs has both 10.5 lbs flywheel and two different clutch ranges. Ask them for a combo deal.

They work for both RB25 and 20, so I don't think there is a difference.

JGY customs has both 10.5 lbs flywheel and two different clutch ranges. Ask them for a combo deal.

They work for both RB25 and 20, so I don't think there is a difference.

Not to rain on anyones parade, but I have heard of nothing but bad things about jgy flywheels. Like the ring gear slipping off of the flywheel. Look it up on nico or race bread.

Not to rain on anyones parade, but I have heard of nothing but bad things about jgy flywheels. Like the ring gear slipping off of the flywheel. Look it up on nico or race bread.

really? heard the same thing about fidanza.

Might go with RIPS NZ flywheel. he makes a pretty nice single piece one. not sure how much she weighs though.

What about clutches for RB20 transmission? which ones are generally good?

Thanks for bringing this up.

Raff

really? heard the same thing about fidanza.

Might go with RIPS NZ flywheel. he makes a pretty nice single piece one. not sure how much she weighs though.

What about clutches for RB20 transmission? which ones are generally good?

Thanks for bringing this up.

Raff

I have heard a few bad things about fidanza also, I have seen the aftermath of one on a vg30et. Very similar to the skyline one going through the hood.

As for clutches, my preference would be something that I know the reputation of, like dxd or whatever. My next clutch will be a dxd stage 5 rated for 690 lb/ft tq... Here is a link to what I will be installing this winter... http://www.z31parts.com/drivetrain.html. I have talked with Jason the owner of z31parts and he says that it would be no problem to switch out the pressure plates from a z31 to a z32 n/a (same as rb tranny's) at no additional cost. He also told me that even though the clampload has been increased, the pedal feel remains very close to stock. Personally I cannot justify the cost of an osgiken or excedy, considering that they dont have that great of torque ratings unless you get a double or tripple plate at ~$1500+.

i'm not sure exactly,...my clutch is too much for what i got. i'm pretty sure i could have 600rwtq and that bastard wouldn't budge. it sux ass in bumper to bumper but it does better it's a hell of a lot more streetable with the secret smaller throw out bearing ^_^ , yes the flywheel's lighter also i wanna say it's 12-16lbs but for sure it's waaaay lighter than stock. it's billet steel not shitola aluminum also. i will never rock an aluminum flywheel. billet steel for me only sir.

OS Geiken is to clutchs what Ohlins is to suspension, it's that jdm tyteness rofl

I have heard a few bad things about fidanza also, I have seen the aftermath of one on a vg30et. Very similar to the skyline one going through the hood.

As for clutches, my preference would be something that I know the reputation of, like dxd or whatever. My next clutch will be a dxd stage 5 rated for 690 lb/ft tq... Here is a link to what I will be installing this winter... http://www.z31parts.com/drivetrain.html. I have talked with Jason the owner of z31parts and he says that it would be no problem to switch out the pressure plates from a z31 to a z32 n/a (same as rb tranny's) at no additional cost. He also told me that even though the clampload has been increased, the pedal feel remains very close to stock. Personally I cannot justify the cost of an osgiken or excedy, considering that they dont have that great of torque ratings unless you get a double or tripple plate at ~$1500+.

i am going to buy poly mounts and such from him. so the pressure plate for a Z32 will work with the RB. i may have to look at these clutches as well if they are rated that high.

and what are you using for a flywheel?

Triple B,

I know of a few guys that are running these specific clutches on their 500+ lb/ft tq vehicles and they are holding up very well. I love my nismo unsprung clutch and pressure plate, but I dont think it will hold up to ~500whp for long.

The z32 n/a pressure plate is the same exact bolt pattern as the rb's. I am using the factory flywheel for my car. I am not a fan of aluminum flywheels, but if you can find a reputable light wieght billet flywheel I would probably buy one.

Picked up the rb25 tranny from Brian (AKWIKZ) yeaterday. I have to say that was one of the most fun experiences i have had lately. Stepping into his garage was like walking into a dream. Everything i spend all day dreaming about he had lying around! Great guy to deal with. Kenny, that was an amazing packing job on that trans. Ordering the spec clutch today and deciding on a flywheel and probably ordering that today depending on how busy we are at work (ya i had to work opn a saturday, whats up with that). Wish me luck.

Picked up the rb25 tranny from Brian (AKWIKZ) yeaterday. I have to say that was one of the most fun experiences i have had lately. Stepping into his garage was like walking into a dream. Everything i spend all day dreaming about he had lying around! Great guy to deal with. Kenny, that was an amazing packing job on that trans. Ordering the spec clutch today and deciding on a flywheel and probably ordering that today depending on how busy we are at work (ya i had to work opn a saturday, whats up with that). Wish me luck.

let me know what flywheel you decide on =)