HybridZ

Vacuum source for Turbo Map Sensor w tripple throttle bodies

MONZTER

What is your guys opinion on the best source for a vacuum signal on a triple throttle body turbo set up. I need a good signal for MAP, Fuel pressure regulator, Boost gauge and Blow off Valve. I was thinking about using the Cannon Manifold that has the tube connecting all the runners, and then tapping into only the last runner closest to the firewall. Do you think I will get a good clean signal, or will it be biased too much to the last cylinder? I want to be as clean looking as possible without a bunch of hoses running everywhere, like if I used all 6 of the fittings in the throttle bodies and made a separate vacuum log.

Thanks for your opinions

Jeff

f9bb_1_thumb.jpg

Mill a flat across the runners, then mate a square log to the manifold using some through-bolts. Seal each opening into the runner with an o-ring. Looks integral with the manifold, and the volume of the 'log' will dampen strong pulsations nicely. E-Motive and most ECU manufacturers recommend a 1/2" diameter tube for the log... You could even use fuel rail extrusion for the 'log' if it's of sufficient diameter.

FET Kyukto made a manifold that looked like this (but was unitized cast), but I'm at a dearth of photographic evidence to support my claim.

Thanks Tony,

So you think the integrated log in the cannon manifold is not good enough.. huh..( I think the ID is .5") , I should add a second log... Is this to isolate the log equally from any particular runner?

Thanks again

Jeff

That's a "through log" rather than what I think he is referring to. Anywhere you tapped into that particular log would basically get 99% of it's signal as a mix of the two adjacent cylinders. You need a separate .5" diameter log (for example) with a small diam. tap into each cylinder rather than it having to basically jump open in diameter to the volume of each runner to get to the next runner. Ross Machine sells -8 AN rail extrusion for about $11 per foot.

That's a "through log" rather than what I think he is referring to. Anywhere you tapped into that particular log would basically get 99% of it's signal as a mix of the two adjacent cylinders. You need a separate .5" diameter log (for example) with a small diam. tap into each cylinder rather than it having to basically jump open in diameter to the volume of each runner to get to the next runner. Ross Machine sells -8 AN rail extrusion for about $11 per foot.

That is what I did. The log in this pic sums the vacuum signals from all of the runners, and is used for the signal for the MAP sensor, FPR and boost controller.

MAPlog1.jpg

I built a second log into the plenum and use it for everything else, like the brake booster, idle controller and HVAC stuff. I wanted to keep this isolated from the MAP, just to try to keep the signal a bit cleaner.

MAPlog2.jpg