HybridZ

No "Edit" feature on posts

Savage42

• Administrators

We have noticed that some posts are starting to be deleted by members who have left our site for whatever reason.

Also, I know for a fact that a current member who shall remain nameless has deleted a couple of “write-ups” from our site.

So, I have disabled the ability for members to edit or delete their own posts. I am looking into other options on how to prevent this from happing but until then my recommendation is to proof read before you hit that Post button. ;)

Dan

We have noticed that some posts are starting to be deleted by members who have left our site for whatever reason.

Also, I know for a fact that a current member who shall remain nameless has deleted a couple of “write-ups†from our site.

So, I have disabled the ability for members to edit or delete their own posts. I am looking into other options on how to prevent this from happing but until then my recommendation is to proof read before you hit that Post button. ;)

Dan

If the deleted data is valuable can the posts be restored or are we out of luck?

One more thought. I personally have on occasion posted a emotional response that I went back and deleted because it was probably inappropriate or against the rules. The delete and edit features have allowed me to be a better HybridZ citizen. I realize the problem that the delete and edit features cause but I also wanted to make sure everyone realizes that keeping them functional will possible reduce administration overhead from people like myself. Just a data point to consider as you are working on a solution.

• 2 months later...