HybridZ

You will N-E-V-E-R see a Datsun 510 Like This 4Sale Again!

slownrusty

Ok. Cool. Glad to know the final number. I think that was a fair price for Steve's car.

IMHO Steve's car was a much better 510 then Bryans. Not a work of art like Bryans but a more useable car. The craftsmanship on Steve's looked top notch too.

David - Yes, Steve's car is very streetable and beautifully built. I have been lucky to have some good seat time in it. The suspension coilovers could be softened some, but the power is awesome and comes on with great thrust.

I cannot see Bryan's car being any quicker. Bryan states his car is 1,700lbs and with approx. 300hp and with the awesome suspension, it would be an awesome car to drive.

Steve had over $45K invested in his car.

Yasin

David - Yes, Steve's car is very streetable and beautifully built. I have been lucky to have some good seat time in it. The suspension coilovers could be softened some, but the power is awesome and comes on with great thrust.

I cannot see Bryan's car being any quicker. Bryan states his car is 1,700lbs and with approx. 300hp and with the awesome suspension, it would be an awesome car to drive.

Steve had over $45K invested in his car.

Yasin

Bryan probably has that much invested into his and he did most of the work himself.

I would love to drive a car like Steve's. I used to have a 510 with an Olds 215 V8 but I sold it. It made about 180 RWHP.

I know what 340 RWHP feels like in a Z but not a 510.

Here are my 510s:

New_510_031.jpg

200New_Dime_006.jpg

Orange is a 72. Original Paint - L20B Engine with Dogleg 5 speed. Blue is a 70. Automatic and all stock except for the wheels and the radio. Both are nice cars but not the same caliber as Bryan's or Steve's.

Maybe someday.

David - Beautiful 510s! Especially the orange one.

These cars will always have a special place in my heart.

Yasin

Yasin,

Thanks! The blue one is actually in the best condition of the two. I recently purchased the Orange one. It belonged to Pete Brock. See the story here:

http://forums.hybridz.org/showthread.php?t=124210

510's hold a special place in my heart too.