HybridZ

Jtr Dat-110

buZy

http://www.jagsthatrun.com/Pages/Parts_DAT_driveshaft_flange.html

What fasteners are best use with this part? A shoulder type similar to oem but longer and sae grade. JTR does not mention using a shoulder fastener. I would think something similar to the oem design would be much stronger. In essence swaping in weaker fasteners for a larger u-joint. Lame. Guess I will just have to go AN and do it right.....

http://www.jagsthatrun.com/Pages/Parts_DAT_driveshaft_flange.html

What fasteners are best use with this part? A shoulder type similar to oem but longer and sae grade. JTR does not mention using a shoulder fastener. I would think something similar to the oem design would be much stronger. In essence swaping in weaker fasteners for a larger u-joint. Lame. Guess I will just have to go AN and do it right.....

The JTR instructions say to use 8mmx30mm socket bolts, nylon lock nuts and to use red locktite. I picked all that up at ACE (grade 10) but soon discovered the 30mm bolt are not long enough to engage the nylon on the lock nuts, I ended up using 40mm bolts.

Won't the original stock bolts work with the new yoke?

I bought one but haven't tried to bolt it up yet. Was planning on reusing the original bolts.

No, they will not work. Too short. The AN5-11 fasteners are the best in my opinion. This size has the perfect unthreaded portion to engage the DS flange and R200 flange. AN lock nuts are designed to take vibrations much more than standard nylocks and they are reuseable too. The 8mm jtr suggests work, but they are fully threaded in length. In short the minor thread diameter in shear is much less. The OD of the 8mm thread I measured is slightly less in diameter than the unthreaded portion of the AN.

AN bolts in general have filleted heads, material spec and a higher quality of thread rolling. I could not get them in socket heads but the hex heads work enough to hold a 1/2 wrench on them while tightening the nut on the backside.

No, they will not work. Too short. The AN5-11 fasteners are the best in my opinion. This size has the perfect unthreaded portion to engage the DS flange and R200 flange. AN lock nuts are designed to take vibrations much more than standard nylocks and they are reuseable too. The 8mm jtr suggests work, but they are fully threaded in length. In short the minor thread diameter in shear is much less. The OD of the 8mm thread I measured is slightly less in diameter than the unthreaded portion of the AN.

AN bolts in general have filleted heads, material spec and a higher quality of thread rolling. I could not get them in socket heads but the hex heads work enough to hold a 1/2 wrench on them while tightening the nut on the backside.

Where did you find those?

Where did you find those?

Hey Deja I found them at the local small airport. There are many businesses in the private aircraft maintenance fields. Do a search for AN5-11 online. There are many pilots on hybridz who may know a source online that can ship to you. They are everywhere once you start searching really.

• 1 month later...

Funny, I thought it might be easier/cheaper to just go ahead and order some JTR recommended M8x30 bolts from McMaster Carr. A set of 5 grade 12.9 flange headed socket bolts were $5 + shipping.

Ended up ordering 8 AN 5-11 blots with locknuts from aircraft spruce for $6 shipped to my door. They have a higher tensile rating than the grade 12.9's.