HybridZ

Just cause i said i would LOL

Z U L8R

Friday at the end of the day I let one of the tech's who works with me drive my car cause he's like "if it ain't ford it sux, nissans are gay" well i told him to roll on and feel the power, but take it easy on the drivetrain. he stalled like 5 times, and beat the ever living ♥♥♥♥ outta my car. i drove it after he came back just to make sure it was ok and it seemed fine. i got 5 miles down the street from my shop and i smooth on the throttle in second gear on low boost, i make it to 3700rpm and hear GRAA GRAA GRAA GRAA GRAA, i pulled over and cut it off. started it back up and graa graa graa graa, i pushed in the clutch and the noise went away, "PHEW" at least it ain't the motor but something's messed up in my clutch or tranny. 7pm friday i'm on the tow truck on the way back to my shop. i take the fluid drain bolt down and i get 2 or 3 gear teeth lol, take the tranny down and clutch is fine. call up my friend with the rb20 240z that's running his rb25 tranny, asked him if he had an rb20 tranny he did, 10:30pm i'm back on the road.....i have to wire in his rb26 for him but at least i got another tranny :P

THIS POST IS FOR MR.FANCYPANTS :-D

Sunday we went to Silver Dollar Raceway in Reynolds, GA for Import Showdown, where i'm sure i made like 20+ passes to work on my 60foots. i'll post my best run and some vids of some passes as soon as i find out which friends were filming and get em from them. also on the way to and on the way back, me and some of the other guys who meet up together got some runs in, i'll post those as bonus vids :P

one was the gray 03 z06 i ran before, he did some other stuff, now he's 470rwhp

also a kenne bell 2.6L supercharged 04 cobra making 600rwhp

and an e46 M3 /w 125shot of laughy making 470rwhp

in this "new" tranny i put in mobil1 75-140....at first it was notchy but it's getting better, honestly i don't like it. but while i was at the parts store i did see some Coastal 85w-140 that specifically says it meets gl-3, gl-4, and gl-5 req. i may switch to that.

Take care =]

Dave

Don't go to coastal fluid. It's cheap crap.

As for the tranny trouble, I'd have the coworker that trashed it pay for the tranny and your time taken to install it. That's messed up. If you can't drive don't try on someone elses vehicle.

I let my wife drive my car. It spit out a half shaft! She's still paying for that one.....................:mrgreen:

ya, basically i drive my car hard, but i know i'm on the "weaker" tranny so i try not to shock the hell out of it. i shift fast and floor it, but i don't just slam gears, unless i'm on the track or racing someone lol. and that's why i think the first one lasted as long as it did. moral of the story = don't let anyone else drive your car. no one knows your car better than you. my tranny may have been on it's way out, and him driving it was just the straw that broke the camel's back, in which case it's half my fault as well, but if you're the only one that drives your car, if something breaks, you can't be mad at anyone else. for the most part...no one knows your car better than you.

i haven't switched to coastel yet, third is just a tad notchy so i might try some motorcraft *shrug.

.60 a/r compressor .63 a/r exhaust, it makes 350rwtq @ 3.7k you feel it kick in hard right there, but i think full 20psi is at 4k. it holds 350 all the way across just till the very end like after 6k it'll go down slightly, but as far as hp it keeps making power all the way to redline.

i wanna say this turbo's max efficiency should be 22psi. which if you don't wanna run race gas all the time, and don't feel like doing a full full build, i'd say it's the perfect turbo.

i've converted to NGK BKR7E @ .028 , those are my new plug of choice

Dave =]

Im curious to know if that would degrade performance in any way in regards to compatability with any other mods that would be done to the same engine.

Is there any disadvantage to going this route?

Ahh ok, i edited this post. going back to my EFI book, i reread some stuff, and after looking at the 7pin connector, I was wondering why one would not just use Individual coils like those on the Chevy Corvette.

Sure they're 20 dollars each, but if you were to get a Buick V6 aftermarket high performance version, it would be @100. so 20 dollars a piece for corvette z06 coils seems pretty good, don't it?

careless,

I could have swore that Z06 coils have the ignighters integrated. So for a series 2 rb25det they may work, otherwise I guess the series 1 could be wired up directly eliminating the coil cover ignighter?

Good point. I'm curious to know if using those yellow ACCEL high energy ignition coils with 50,000 volts would be better than these buick units.

yeah, some people use the suburban coils too. a lot of people tend to think they're exactly the same, but part numbers and MSDS info shows different. they're infact a little less powerful, but would probably work on a z06 anyways.

I'm thinking of buying those ACCEL high power'd corvette coils. they look pretty good @ only 10 dollars more than an AC Delco one. Then again, the AC Delco ones can be had from anywhere. Is it a no-no to mix-match coils on long trips, incase something happens?

I guess buying 7 of them and keeping a small spare in the tow-box ain't such a bad idea.

hmmmm.

hmmm, yall got me thinking now. i didn't feel any gain in doing the grand nat coils. really the only benefits are not retaining heat with the valve cover cover, easy access to plugs, and easy fix for ignition problems. but as far as strength of spark i don't think the grand nat is any better than stock coil on plugs. very interesting.

i'm using the stock ignitor, then the coil pack subharness that plugs in the other end of the ignitor goes to my grand nat coil pack, so that'd be plug n play.

so you're saying get aftermarket z06 coils?