HybridZ

73 Fair Lady or 74 Wide Body?

Hello everyone, I have changed my log in name due to finding a "Key-logger" on my computer. My old user name was Wide260z

I have a decision that I cannot make. I have recently bought a 73 Fair Lady RHD. I have had my 74 260z for around 5 years now. I can't decide if I should sell one and focus on the other or keep them both. I love both of them, but I'm afraid I cannot afford to have them both around.

Fair Lady:

With my Eniki wheels from the wide body

P1010402.jpg

Day I brought her home

P1010394.jpg

260z w/ Wide body

The week before primer

DSC00742.jpg

After being spraying primer and after I decided to Build the engine

P1010514.jpg

I am torn, I almost want to keep both of them... Forever. :cry2:

I need your opinions

Yeah, I'm going to try and keep both of them. I really want to put the l28et in the Fairlady and build up some sort of beast for the 260.

I will only get rid of one of them if I get in a bind. Then.. I have no idea, I'll just have to give it extreme thought... the best way possible.

:wc:

I have to say.. choose the Irish way!! (as bloody difficult as humanly possible)

Put the Gnose on the Fair Lady!!!!!!!!!! RB it, and if you REALLY like the wide body kit, get some big fat sticky ickies on the back wheels so those flares are needed!!

Then, give me the 260 chassis. I'll use it. Honest. :P My dad has a ford E-150 with a 351 hi output windsor in it, the van's toast but THAT engine is about the only V8 I think I would want in a Z.. (the vans been in my family since new, it was bought with Grandma's life insurance.. the van is gonna get crushed but the engine could live on, heh...)

if i had to get rid of one, i would keep the fairlady.

+1! In a RHD car, there is a lot more room for a decent turbo on the left side of the engine bay (think L28 TT or RB26 ;) ) I'd do it Wangan style, with G-nose, ZG flares, very wide Watanabes and so on.

I am like you...I had one Z car (L28ET) which I have owned for 7 years and this year when I was NOT looking acquired another one. The second one I acquired will be a money pit, and I keep going back and forth on whether to keep it or not, but looks like I will keep it and restore it slowly, as time and money allows.

Both your cars are beautiful! I love them...I am jealous!

Yasin

I think there's a general consensus here... do the Faiready now, work on it and swap the G-nose over. Make the California Z the long term project. Just get that Fairlady on the road! -BTW, it looks pretty damn clean.

I'm doing the same thing with my two '73s, the less dented of the two stays L6, and the deuce & a 40 is going wide with a 331 Stroker, to be finished "someday".

Looks like your in my boat. Room is not a problem. I just picked up a 280 as a long term project plus my track car and my buddys car is also in my shop.

I'd take every first gen I could get my hands on. What else is there to do with 4 acres.

Go cart track to practice driving skills!!!!