HybridZ

Need dimension of stock 240Z steering wheel & where to purchase Nardi hub

Regulatori

I'm overseas (Iraq) and don't have access to my Z. I was wondering what the dimensions of a stock Z steering wheel is....I'm looking at ordering a Nardi steering wheel and they come in either 330 or 360mm. Is there any real benefit to going with a smaller/larger wheel?

Also, where can I buy a Nardi hub for a 240Z? I did a search but the last thread was a few years old and I couldn't find any info on the sites listed. And lastly, who has the best deal on Nardi wheels? I'm looking at maybe a Sport or a Classic. Thanks

I hate to point you to ebay, but when I was searching for "the" Momo wheel, I went there and was amazed at what I could find. If they don't have what you're looking for, just wait a while and it may show up. The most difficult thing I ever waited for on ebay was a Pro 5.0 shifter for a WC T5--that took a year to turn up, but I got an awesome price too :mrgreen:

Just hang in there and keep scouting ebay!!

Davy

as far as i know momo is the only company that makes an adapter for a z. unfortuantely the nardi bot pattern is different. one way to get around that would be to get a quick release hub to install on top of the momo adapter that has a dual pattern.a lot of them do.

changing the diameter of the wheel will change the amount of steering effort needed, especially at low speeds, larger wheels give you more leverage.

The problem with a stock size wheel is that when you need to turn a lot, fast your hand will hit the door sill. I tried a 15, a 14, and finally ended up with a 13" wheel. Yes, a smaller wheel takes more effort and it blocks the top of the gauges. But if you're going to autox or anything like that you'll need the extra room. If it's a street car only I'd go 14".

Is the later S130 hub the same as the S30? I found a company that sells a Works Bell Nardi hub adapter for S130s.

I believe so yes.

Also, smaller wheels = more leg room (especially with those with higher seats).

I love my 13in wheel, almost looks like it's from those video game wheels haha.

Mario

I found a hub made by the Japanese company Works Bell from a company A-Spec tuning. The hub is for a ZX and costs $60. I noticed that the Momo hubs are the same part number for all of the Z models so I'm pretty sure this will be the same with Nardi.

If you want to order one, contact A-Spec at 626-618-1100 extension #115. The part number is #601.

I'll post when I get it and let everyone know the results.