HybridZ

Windshield trim

NewZMan

I just got the top and bottom trim attachment strips for the front windshield from black dragon. The only problem is I can't figure out how they go and where they attach in the windshield hole. Does anyone know this, or where I can find some pics of how these piece's attach? Please help.

There are plastic clips used to mount those. IIRC they push into the seal around the glass and two ears stick up - the molding clicks onto them. it can be difficult to get them to click in.

I believe that Charlie at Zed Findings can get the clips.

I bought the same ones form black dragon. They do not attach the same way as the old factory ones. If you have the ones I bought they should have come on a strip with 2 sided tape to hold it onto the windshield.

What I did was put the strip of clips on the trim piece. Clean the windshield and rub it down with alcohol. Then put the trim piece on.

Trying to attach the trim after putting the clips on the glass is very hard, I tried it that way and it didnt work. If you screw up like I did you can get some new 2 sided tape and replace the stuff that they came with. Get the good 3M stuff though.

Guy

I bought the same ones form black dragon. They do not attach the same way as the old factory ones. If you have the ones I bought they should have come on a strip with 2 sided tape to hold it onto the windshield.

What I did was put the strip of clips on the trim piece. Clean the windshield and rub it down with alcohol. Then put the trim piece on.

Trying to attach the trim after putting the clips on the glass is very hard, I tried it that way and it didnt work. If you screw up like I did you can get some new 2 sided tape and replace the stuff that they came with. Get the good 3M stuff though.

Guy

80LT1 this is what I had to do. I used the black super adhesive to stick the plastic strips on. Seems to work well. :-D