HybridZ

Holly crap!!!! it started.

chrism

The pig finally lit up. I just got my RB20 to start after months of fabrication and learning how the electrical system works. What a curve that was. I still have some more electrical mods to make but, it’s running. One thing that I learned was don’t connect battery to the white and purple wire on the ignition relay. It will leave the ECU energized and drain the battery. I cut the black and white wire and connected power when on to that wire. Then I connected 12v battery to the white and purple wire. Works great.

Can’t wait to start cleaning up all the wires and get the piping back on.

What a relief. Hopefully everything else will be easy. I’m looking forward to just worrying about what type of seats to get or should I put new gauges in the dash.

The write ups on this site helped a lot. What was most helpful was the FSM that I downloaded from the home page. Between the FSM and helpful threads, I was able to see what other people were talking about and get it running.

First thing I'm gonna do is document all the wiring that was done with a wire diagram that shows signal names and wire colors. What wire requires power when on and what wire requires 12v battery. Exactly how I wired up the GTR444 injectors and dropping resistor. Right now I have too much being powered by the ignition key and that is going to burn the contacts over time. Need to add some relays to move the load away from the ignition key switch. Also still have to remove the old wire harness. lots of wires not needed but I was wainting until the car started before doing that. I also have to wire up the SAFC to address the rich running injectors. I don't have a video camera but this might be a good time to get one. I can use the money that I save doing the swap to justify getting one. At leat thats what I'm gonna tell my wife.