HybridZ

98 240sx ka24de timing/ ecu

s14280zx

I have been tuning my 98 240sx since I bought it in 2002 one part at a time, and so far this is what I've done: Injen short ram, megan header,downpipe,test pipe, HKS catback,Nology hot wires,ngk laser iridium plugs,fidanza aluminum flywheel,act xtss clutch, nismo radcap. The car has really good power, but when you go down a hill and let off, it backfires a little bit, and it seems like it is running rich. I noticed a brown mark above the exhaust tip on the bumper, which never happened before. I have been waiting to upgrade my ecu till I get everything I want to add. I'm planning on getting 91-93 cams, ignition system(msd or nology), pulley set, and ecu upgrade. Can I adjust the timing to correct the mixture for the time being, or should my next step be upgrading the ecu, and should I get the other parts I mentioned before I upgrade the ecu.What ecu upgrade would you recommend? What timing would be right for my car the way it is? Any advice would be appreciated.

So it is running the stock ECU then, without any piggyback system or anything?

If that is the case, you are leaving a lot of performance and fuel economy on the table.

13 seconds on google:

http://www.amsperformance.com/store/index.php?cPath=24_61_178

That'll fix you up. Or you can get a cheaper piggyback fuel management system, but for a little more you get the good stuff.

Don't forget to have it tuned properly though.