HybridZ

Where did you mount your fire extinguisher?

Zmanco

I've been carrying a small general purpose fire extinguisher under the driver's seat for a while, but am thinking it would be a lot faster to get to it if it was somewhere more in the open. But at the same time, I'd like to mount it somewhere that's not in the way of the driver and passenger either. I really don't want the passenger to have to put their feet over/around it, etc. I'm also concerned with it becoming a missile in the event of an accident.

Where have others mounted them in street-driven cars? And what type of mount did you use? (The plastic ones supplied for home use don't look like they'd keep it attached in an accident.) Pictures would be great!

Note: I am not trying resurrect the debate IF an extinguisher should be carried in a street car, nor what type is best. I found a few really good threads on those topics while searching for mounting ideas.

Second the "behind the passenger seat" thing. It's quick to get to, and quick to remember the location, easy to check the charge level. I used the plastic mount, but I rationalized it by noting that, in the case of breakage in a frontal impact, it'll end up under the passenger seat. Rear impact, no movement, side impact, likely stay in the "well" behind the seat. Frankly, I've used extinguishers in my cars only twice over the years, both times on someone else's car.

Autopower 4 point bolt in rear passenger tube. Works for me. Seriously people in Minnesota ask me if it's a nitrous can, i laugh. Even the cops did last week! And yo I was set free. The competition never knows what's running in the tint side window...Ok no more secrets. lol