HybridZ

plastic dash cover?

idylan123

I would say that unless you got real lucky and found a dash w/o cracks or spent the big bucks on buying a complete new one almost everyone has one of those in there car. At least I have in every first gen car I have had.

It is just a matter if you want the full or half cover. Your choice.

Tom

Here is a picture of mine,

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v505/snsforums/My%20Car/DSCF0275.jpg?t=1192928606

This is just chillin' on there I didn't glue it down or anything, but if I were you I would get the half dash cap because it will fit better, also even if it doesn't line up that well it will always look better then a carpet dash, at least in my opinion

I have a full cover on mine. I used 2 full tubes of silicone and after about 6 months it started to come loose.

Took me about 10 hrs to scrape/pull/remove the silicone from the dash but absolutely none of it actually stayed stuck to the cover.

I want to put it back on but don't want to have to go thru this again.

Has anyone used another kind of glue with good results.?

I have a full cover on mine. I used 2 full tubes of silicone and after about 6 months it started to come loose.

Took me about 10 hrs to scrape/pull/remove the silicone from the dash but absolutely none of it actually stayed stuck to the cover.

I want to put it back on but don't want to have to go thru this again.

Has anyone used another kind of glue with good results.?

Jeez, I only used what they sent and the cover was on for a long time. Did you only glue down the edges like the instructions said? It has to be able to move around slightly as it expands and compresses.

if the cracks in the original dash are popping up do i have to cut them smooth with the dash for the dash cap to lay down properly?

Yea, and you might have to trim some areas on the cover itself. Just keep dry fitting it until it seems to fit alright, then glue it down.

Mario