HybridZ

Stub axle nut size

Guest Anonymous

I do not know the thread size but unless you have access to threading dies that large.... it may be cheaper to take it to a machine shop or ? to re-chase the threads.Or invest in some needle files and a new nut, and file and repeat fit with the new nut until the threads are chased.

• 1 year later...
You need a 20mm x 1.5mm die.

Does anyone know where I could order this die?

My local hardware store has a 20mm with a 1.5 pitch but it's a course thread so it must not be a 1.5mm pitch.

I've completely destroyed the first 1/4 inch of the threads... :fmad::bonk:

Thanks

I ordered one online from the Snap-On site. I don't remember the thread pitch (might have been 1.25). I should be able to get the Snap-On part number when I get home tonight.

EDIT: John (jgkurz), I just noticed you are in the Portland area. I live in Hillsboro and work in Lake O. I'll loan you the Die I bought, if there is some place we can meet up.

Wagz, I think I got it figured out. The 20mm x 1.5 pitch die I bought is the correct one for the stub axles. For some reason it visually looked way off. I bought a thread gauge and it's definitely 1.5.

Thanks for the offer. By chance, are you a member of NorthwestZ?

Yep. 20 x 1.5 is correct. I double-checked mine tonight. For anyone else interested, the Snap-On part # is RD7-5 and can be purchased online for $7.35 plus shipping.

John - I vaguely remember having the same problem: I thought it was the wrong die at first, but it finally cut/cleaned the damaged threads and worked fine.

I don't belong to NorthwestZ. Are there many members in the PDX area?