HybridZ

Probably another stupid Tokico ?, but...

Guest Anonymous

Illumina strut cartridges come in the correct size to fit the 240 Z strut tube , it is when you section the strut tube that you are reqired to obtain a shorter strut cartridge from a VW Wabbitt

Most people who shop for suspension parts at GC are looking to compete and want the car _much_ lower too. GC will sell you some shorter Tokicos and they have the coil-over parts, spring perch, etc and instructions to section your struts. When you are done it will corner like it is on rails. I have done all that and more to my suspension and the difference is huge. On the other hand, my car hardly ever sees the street so I don't mind that there is no ground clearance, or that the suspension is so hard my butt is sore after I drive it.

--John

Guest Anonymous

Tim.. I went to a speciality VW parts house with my front 280 Z strut tube. and found "two" front "Rabbit" strut cartridges in the KYB GR2. One was a lot smaller in diameter but KYB GR2 #364014 fit like a glove in the larger 280 strut tube and was the exact height for a 2 inch section. All my records indicate now is that the cartridge is from 80's Rabbit GTE ,Jetta. The smaller cartridge may have fit the 240 sectioned tube and may have been a Sirocco application

Sectioning struts is done to get back some of the bump travel that's lost when a 240Z is lowered more then a couple inches. 1 to 2" of the strut tube is cut out which requires the use of VW Rabbit or Toyota MR2 applicaiton struts in the front and the 240Z front struts moved to the rear.

If you are not lowering your 240Z more then 2" then I wouldn't consider sectioning and that means you can use the Tokico Illuminas designed for the 240Z.