HybridZ

radiator question

Guest DeadlyImpulse07

Guest DeadlyImpulse07

I just picked up my 280z, it hasnt run in quite sometime, the radiator has a leak and instead of buying the standard replacement radiator my father suggested I use a radiator called a 'Desert Cooler', something about a 5 row cooler?. Any one know if this is any good and where I can pick one up?

Thanks,

Jeff

look into getting a radiator for a 78 280 at the J/Y and make sure it comes out of a car w/ AIR and maybe even an auto transmission. I live in the desert in so california and it gets just as hot here as it does in tx... i used to live in dallas. anyway that is what i am using and i dont have any heating problems, just dont forget to change your hoses and thermostat before you get to rockin!

if you don't have a heating problem, then i dont think you will need a 5 row rad. AZC sells a nice direct fit aluminum unit, MSA may have a drop in aluminum rad as well. A 5-row rad will be heavier than a 1 or 2 row rad as well...but if you plan on a blown V8 or a high strung turbo motor and are intending to endurance/road race, the 5 row would probably be a better choice.