HybridZ

Crankshaft Bolt Ever Back Out...Consider This. Pic

slownrusty

Gang - As I get closer to the re-assemble on my L31ET engine, I decided to not re-use my original 25year old crankshaft pulley bolt. So I bought a new one from Courtesy Nissan.

The new Crankshaft bolts from Nissan are much longer and address the common "backing-out" problem that happens. The new crank bolt does not not bottom out at all in the crank. I used Red Threadlocker with mine.

Cost about $10, which is a *tiny* price to pay for insurance of a bolt backing out and the crank pulley off and wrecking the crank snout or damaging anything else.

Just thought I would share.

Yasin

285383428.jpg

Yeah my crankshaft pulley bolt backed out on me but that was due to crossthreading it...now i see why people tell u not to use impact guns lol

lucky for me it was only the first few threads that got damaged,i ended up buying a longer bolt, lock washer and tap....bolt turned out to be a

M16x1.5 most expensive thing i bought was the tap handle had to get the big ass one....but yeah i used blue locktite on the bolt and green locktite on the crank snout were the pulley slides onto.A new bolt is cheap insurance over old crappy bolts thats for sure

Mine backed out about 25 uears ago at 112,000 miles. Fortunately, it was in town following a 60 mile drive on the Freeway. I found the drive pulley across the street, called AAA, a shop put it all back together. I didn't know it was common with the Z, thought I was unique :o)