HybridZ

280zx rear disc bracket pics

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

everyone,

here is my rear disc brake bracket that i just welded up, let me know what you think. its made out of 3/8" plate that is high def plasma cut out.

page1.html

2thumbs.gif

Guest Anonymous

boy i dont know, the liability of this being a brake component.i currently have enough material to make 3 sets.you guys tell me what they are worth to you??

Your brackets seem to be rotated about 90 degrees from the maxima drawing... Is this to make them a slide on piece held in place by 3 bolts? How does the altered position work out with the plumbing and emergency brake cables? I,too, would appreciate a drawing- something like these may have a place on my 240. Thanks!

Guest Anonymous

a.g.,

the brackets are actually rotated 45° from the maxima bracket. i rotated it to have more material to weld to. also it is closer to the ebrake cable.

"Is this to make them a slide on piece held in place by 3 bolts?" yes it does.

Guest Anonymous

How is everyone hooking the e-brake on the Zx calipers? I like the look the the fabricated bracket that was posted. My only concern is getting a functional ebrake hooked up. I am not all that crazy about the 240sx conversion, seeing how I have all the parts for the zx conversion on my junk car.

Trav

It would be good to see the backside of this. Is there just one weld bead, or is there some overlap and another weld on the backside? i.e., is any bending taken by the one weld bead? 3 bolts instead of 4 would make for a lot more convenience in installation, and replacing wheel studs (I had to get creative the other day to sneak a wheel stud in with the Maxima brackets). BUT, Nissan engineers designed the part to be attached with 4 bolts, and to completely encircle the hub. There may be a very good reason for that. Not saying the design isn't adequate, just that these things MUST be considered and some analysis done, IMO.

Dan Baldwin

Aerospace Structures and Motor Scooter Engineer