HybridZ

Am i crazy?! I want to get rid of the turbo!

proxlamus©

This has been in my head for months now..

But i kinda want to completly ditch the turbo setup... and build a High Compression N/A motor with some ITB's and a wicked cam and head work.

Turbo's are a hoot.. although very simple.. its just more parts to fail or maintain.

I used to dream of the sound of turbo's and make turbo noises w my mouth haha..

and now i admire the sound of tripple carb or ITB setups and POWERFUL naturally aspirated motors

someone straighten me out!!!

Ryan, not trying to talk you out of it (you know I'm NA), but at our altitude, you just gave up ~20% compared to sea level. Turbos let you get that back and more. Just something to keep in mind.

But if you decide to "come back", it will be fun to compare notes.

Turbo's are a hoot.. although very simple.. its just more parts to fail or maintain.

I used to dream of the sound of turbo's and make turbo noises w my mouth haha..

and now i admire the sound of tripple carb or ITB setups and POWERFUL naturally aspirated motors

someone straighten me out!!!

Those are all the same reasons why I have stayed NA all these years. (even while hanging around hybridz)

Early on I made a decision, and that was to either put flat tops or dished pistons in my block. I chose the flat tops and never looked back. I love the sound of my engine in the mid 6000rpm range... and I don't even have the ITB's on yet.

I say ditch the turbo when you switch to the gixxer itbs, and then decide if you want to put it back on later.

Ryan, not trying to talk you out of it (you know I'm NA), but at our altitude, you just gave up ~20% compared to sea level. Turbos let you get that back and more. Just something to keep in mind.

Totally. If I were at 5000 ft the last thing I'd want is a NA L engine. If you're going to go NA, may I suggest a large increase in displacement?