HybridZ

Driveshaft hits sway bar

midnightmoonlight

The LSD r200 rear end (set 3/4" lower) with the RT mount hits the sway bar. The larger yoke for the LT1 swap hits the sway bar. I would have to lower the sway bar by 1" at the square poly mounts to clear the drive shaft yoke.

The driveline is set perfect with all the correct angles so if I change the sway bar pickup points by 1" do I mess up the geometry of the suspesion?

I dont want to increase the angles of the tranny and diff because my driveshaft is right at 1.5 degrees and thats where I would like it to stay.

Now I could raise the diff one inch in front and at the mustach bar but then I will have almost no driveshaft angle anymore. Hmmmm

Ive also read its better to have no rear sway bar with the LT1 swap with no LSD but this car has LSD so whats the best route to take from here?

Thank You

I would space the bar down and then look at the end links. You may not need to touch the end links for it all to work.

An inch thick retangle of aluminum between the bar and the unibody at the bushing is how I would do it.

changing your sway bar end links will in no way change the geometry of your suspension. all the sway bar does is control the body roll on the car. if im thinking right if you lower the sway bar in the front it would actually increase the preloaded tension on the sway bar and thus could make it a little stiffer.. so if you lower the mounts and then find its to stiff you could then put in a set of 1" shorter sway bar end links and then it would be at the stock preload