HybridZ

Picked up a 240z

MPD47

I need to stop spending money.

DSCF2824.jpg

DSCF2799.jpg

DSCF2792.jpg

I've only posted on here a few times (twice?) But have been actively reading the forums for years. The 240z and Austin Healey 3000 are what originally got me interested in cars and I've considered one for a long time. Formerly a california car, sold to a man in Hamburg. Spent 4 months in Hamburg driven by a young girl (guy's daughter) who blew the transmission out. It was then sold to the PO who bought it with the intention of making a pro street drag car. It sat in his yard and he never worked on it though for the past 7 years. It was put away running so I'm gonna see if I can get the stock engine running to atleast tool around with it until I can put the swap together I want to do. I'm HOPING to do Paint/Interior/Suspension this winter and drive it on the stock engine with a new trans in the spring. We'll see. Overall the chassis is very clean, front frame rails are solid, inner fender wells and 1/4 panels and rockers are solid. Roof has a bit of surface rust, it needs a hatch, and like all 240's the floorboards under the pedals appear to be trash (thankfully they make weld in replacements that are of thicker steel). Anyway, yeah, I finally have gone down the Japanese car path, I knew it was going to happen sooner or later, just didnt really expect it now. I blame driving/drifting doffitt's 350z all year, and then going out with the S1DC guys and Bing at Dunnville.

More pics tomorrow and this weekend. :)

Congrats & Welcome...I know you from Rennlist. We had a heated but friendly discussion a year ago (maybe more) - not sure if you remember. That is a great car, glad you saw the light.

These are great cars, very rewarding to drive and modify. Beautiful to look at and be prepared to get lots of thumbs up and "I had a friend" stories...

Regards - Yasin

Some new pics from today, unloaded it from the trailer, started looking at things to see what's there, what's rusty, and what not.

DSCF2826.jpg

DSCF2833.jpg

DSCF2838.jpg

DSCF2841.jpg

DSCF2844.jpg

So I climbed under the car while pulling it off the trailer and to my pleasant surprise the frame rails are in good shape, not rusted at all just a couple dents from improper jackstand placement. The floors seem to be almost entirely intact from below might just be a bit "soft" gonna see when I pull the carpet out. Strut towers (front and rear are perfect, rockers are perfect from the side and below. Overall an incredible buy, I'm EXTREMELY happy. Can't wait to start working on it, will probably pull the spare parts out of the interior and start pulling seats/carpet today or tomorrow.

Yasin, I dont remember but I dont take nearly anything personal online. Probably just a difference of opinion :) Cant wait to work on it tomorrow.

I hear you! And my sentiments exactly. So have shown your fellow Rennlisters your newly acquired sweetie?

I sis not realize you were in Buffalo. I used to hang out and drive through there a fair bit, when I lived in Toronto.

Regards - Yasin

Yasin, I briefly posted about it in an OT thread about me drifting at TMP and Dunnville Autodrome. They seemed to enjoy it (in the Turbo/Turbo S forum). Where abouts in Colorado are you? I lived in Loveland/Ft Collins near the cement factory briefly in '05. (for a few months). LOVE it out there.