HybridZ

Today was the first truly trouble free long drive in my car....

ktm

....and now I know why most folks here stick around. :) I had a grin from ear to ear after the 2nd hour. The first two hours were filled with apprehension:

"What's that noise and where is it coming from (tranny, differential, engine, etc.)?"

Eyes CONSTANTLY scanning gauges for any deviation from normal operating parameters.

Trying to "feel" if the car surging, hesitating, etc.

Etc., etc., etc.

and not to forget the last item ALWAYS on my mind....

"Please don't break down....please don't break down.....please don't break down....." :lol:

I totally know that feeling Bo! At least we aren't modifying an airplane. :-D

That's great you're up and running again!!

I'm not exactly sure how he did it, but "Mr. Wolf3D" has hooked up visible and audible warnings in case the oil pressue or engine temp goes beyond a certain limit. I think you can also have the engine automatically shut down if you lose oil pressue or the temperature skyrockets...it may be as simple as tying in an auxillary input to the oil pressure sender.

Yasin, quite a while ago I bought an OE 280zx turbo head gasket "just in case". It was sitting in my garage for 9 months.

I just purchased another OE head gasket from Ishino "just in case". I bought an intake/exhaust manifold gasket from them and it looks IDENTICAL to the OE manifold gasket.

The car is running better than ever. I am pulling 20 inches of vacuum at idle, the rebuilt head is VERY quiet (you can barely hear the ticking).

Hugh, Wolf has 16 inputs/outputs that you can use to control a variety of Wolf functions. It uses the various engine functions to control the inputs/outputs.

You keep telling yourself that you are not building an airplane, but it sure feels like it at times.

• Administrators
....and now I know why most folks here stick around. :) I had a grin from ear to ear after the 2nd hour.

Good to hear :cheers: Its the level of challenge that makes the reward so rewarding.

I'm not exactly sure how he did it, but "Mr. Wolf3D" has hooked up visible and audible warnings in case the oil pressue or engine temp goes beyond a certain limit. I think you can also have the engine automatically shut down if you lose oil pressue or the temperature skyrockets

:wink: You're correct, Hugh... those things are pretty straight forward. There's a nearly infinite ability to integrate safety provisions, both invasive and non-invasive. I would caution on shutting the engine down, though. Its easy enough to accomplish, but I can't think of many scenario's that I'd be comfortable with that. However, a 'limp home' mode can be created for similar purposes.

phil, it still engages right off the floor. However, I am not getting ANY slipping of the clutch and the transmission shifts fine, no grinding and its easy to put into gear. Also, I do not believe that my bearing is resting against the PP fingers. I am going to leave it alone for now.