HybridZ

is the rumor true?

randyz350

i sold my rx7 on craigs list after a few days and had a few people look at it and a dozen call. It wasn't stressful, you just need to list the details and make an effort. I bought my 240z and the rx7 on craigslist too. Both adds listed a few details.

if you want to sell that car a lot easier, do what auxilary did with your ad. Beef it up and give it details and maybe throw in why you're selling it and what the truck would be good for, ect.

I've always sold vehicles that I've listed. As aux said, beef up your add. Dont forget to put pictures of your interior.

I've personally never used CL and have always used Autotrader. If you pay an extra $20 your add will run for ever until the vehicle sells. Not only does your Autotrader add run in a paper book add, but Autotrader will also put your add in their computer database for free. Dont limit your add to just being in one source.

Definately list the work that you have done which resulted into a $4000.00 parts investment not including whatever you already paid for the truck itself.

One more major point. December is not a good time to be selling trucks that get 10 to 14 mpg; due to everyone saving for christmas..., if it was a corolla that gets 35mpg and someone out there was looking for a college kid's commuter or a 1st vehicle, then maybe things would be different.

What you have is a nice looking truck, w/V8; its a collectable and may take a little longer to sell due to xmas just around the corner.

10 years ago, if I saw your add I would've bought your truck regardless of your add. I like those trucks and your truck is priced dirt cheap.

I personally believe you have plenty of people that want to buy (as you have already said) yet you are up against all these [older] people who are saving up for xmas for their family and friends.

Reword your add, be paitent as you are up agains xmas, and dont wait for people who make appointments. Someone already mentioned, when you make an appointment -tell them to call you 15 to 30 minutes before they come. If they dont call, dont wait for them.

It is inate in all horse traders to want to haggle, negotiate, tire kick, play mind games on the seller. If someone doesnt call before they come - dont wait for them.

For people that do make appointments and agree to call you 15-30 minutes before they show up.....REMIND THEM, the vehicle will be sold to the first person that presents the cash and that you are not holding it for anyone.

Trust me, there are people that want your truck - their primary priority this time of year is to save up for xmas traveling, xmas eating out, xmas gifts and all that is xmas.

Be paitent and good luck.

Kevin,

(Yea,Still an Inliner)