HybridZ

JCI Fitment Issue

I was installing my JCI LS1 mounts tonight and the passenger side mount that sandwiches in between the frame rail and crossmember, was bent about 25* wrong.

Figured after hearing the good stuff about him that I would get basically a bolt up kit. Guess not. I had to bend it some in the vice, and I managed to bend it the rest of the way by slamming it in the sandwich area and sticking a longer bolt and nut in there to bring everything together. All in all it sucked and was definitely not right. Im trying to build a car, not be a guinea pig.

:evil:

I was installing my JCI LS1 mounts tonight and the passenger side mount that sandwiches in between the frame rail and crossmember, was bent about 25* wrong.

Figured after hearing the good stuff about him that I would get basically a bolt up kit. Guess not. I had to bend it some in the vice, and I managed to bend it the rest of the way by slamming it in the sandwich area and sticking a longer bolt and nut in there to bring everything together. All in all it sucked and was definitely not right. Im trying to build a car, not be a guinea pig.

:evil:

Are you talking about the Z shaped piece that stiffens the stock motor mount tower? If so, mine went in without any problems. I know that John uses a jig to make them so I doubt it was built wrong. Maybe it was for the other side?

Did you try it on the other side?

Or maybe somehow your stock motor mount tower was bent? They are made out of some flimsy metal compared to the part you are installing.

Did you happen to take any pic's. A couple of guys on here (because the instructions are sometimes hard to understand) have tried to put them where they don't belong. I had to read the instructions several times, and look at some of the pics on this thread, but when I figured it out the JCI parts went right in.

Mike

Yes I quadruple checked everything, looked at pictures, all kinds of stuff. Nothing showed any different than what I was doing. Its the pass. side Z plate that fits over the stock motor mount tower and in the frame. Before I smashed it down, the bottom plate that goes in between the frame would hold the crossmember about 3/4'' away from the frame.