HybridZ

Por-15 and rust concerns..

BurnoutZ

Ok. So I'm preparing to complete some rust removal. I have read some people say por15 bubbles up when applied over rust. Some people on here give me the impression that you apply por15 straight over the top of rust. I bought this stuff, forgot the name, but it supposidly turn rust into black primer... i was planning on using this to destroy the rust... then maybe put por15 over the top of the "black primer" to seal it. Comments?

Ok. So I'm preparing to complete some rust removal. I have read some people say por15 bubbles up when applied over rust.

I have never had it bubble when applying it over a rusted area.

Some people on here give me the impression that you apply por15 straight over the top of rust.

True statement.

I bought this stuff, forgot the name, but it supposidly turn rust into black primer... i was planning on using this to destroy the rust... then maybe put por15 over the top of the "black primer" to seal it. Comments?

POR-15 destroys and stops the spread of rust. Why make more work for yourself, it will be one less step. I would use straight up POR-15 although you can use the prep products that comes with the POR-15 "kit" as well. Some say Rust Bullet works just as well if not better 6 and 1/2 dozen it all depends on who you talk to and what day of the week.

If you have lots of scale knock it down with a wire brush. You don't have to sand it smooth because it will stick to any surface prep. If you are installing frame rails coat the inside with POR-15 before welding to the body. Good Luck! :)