HybridZ

379 inch windsor on a budget

Guest bluovlpwr

Guest bluovlpwr

I was bored and was thinking of how to build a cheap 351w stroker. I was thinking i could offset grind the windsors crank 2.311 rod journal to a chevy 2.100 diameter and end up with a 3.700 stroke. I could use 6.200 chevy rods, use pistons meant for a .040 chevy 38* stroker with 5.7 rods hence giving me the 1.425 c/h I need to make this feaseable. It would roughly put the piston in the hole about .025 in the block if I didnt deck the block. The only machine work envolved would be fly cutting the valve reliefs for a ford and offset grinding the crank. and of cousre having it balanced. Anybody ever have experience in doing this type of setup or have thought of doing it? Thanks, Jesse

I'm putting the 383 in my Z this winter, but I'm using a full stroker kit due to the quality of the components, ease of work involved, and the better rod length/stroke ratio. If I were to go the cheapest route though, I'd do the 393 stroker because it uses the OEM 351w rods, and (I hope I'm right on this) the 302 pistons to make it work. All you need then is the stroker crank, which I think I've seen on Ebay for as little as a few hundred dollars.

Smart money would dictate searching on the web for information on this, being there is a lot more data about the 351W strokers on the Mustang/Ford sites than you'll find on this site.

Guest bluovlpwr

thanks for the input guys, but i was just thinking of that being that is was a little different from normal stroker setup but i could still use shelf parts. the 393 would be cool but then ur stuck with the big rod journal and to get away from that you would have to go to at least a 6"rod and a piston to suite that.

Hey! You can build a 393W dirt cheap. You can get a 3.85 stroke crank on ebay for $149.00 , the pistons are late model 5.0 / 302 or 393W to clear the crank, and use the stock rods. The pistons run around $220.00. Or you can get a kit, that includes ( crank, rods, pistons, rings, and bearings ) from $679.99. Here is a link to one from ( The Mustang Depot ). I bought my pistons from them and they had wonderful service.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/BUDGET-393-408-418-427-FORD-Stroker-351w-MUSTANG-TMD_W0QQitemZ180188764711QQihZ008QQcategoryZ33620QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Ok! This one should work. I didn't delete the http// from the box. I tried it before I incerted this time. I figured out how to fix the problem in the other two. They work.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/BUDGET-393-408-418-427-FORD-Stroker-351w-MUSTANG-TMD_W0QQitemZ180188764711QQihZ008QQcategoryZ33620QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem