HybridZ

what all to take from my donor LS1 car?

Well I'm pulling the trigger on an '00 SS LS1 and T56.

He is offering a few more things than just the engine/tranny.

The list of stuff posted that he will allow me to take above and beyond the engine/tranny are below. This is his post.

The motor and tranny only have 40,3XX miles on them. The EGR, smog, airpump, and rear o2's have been deleted out of the ecm already. The motor runs, shifts, and drives great. This setup will come as complete as you can get one. Included will be

motor/tranny still connected

shifter (hurst)

tranny crossmember

motor mounts

complete motor from pan to intake

will come with exh manifolds and not headers

all sensors

all bolted on accessories

aftermarket wires (not sure what brand they are)

engine harness and ECM

Underhood car harness with the fuse/relay box (great for ls1 swaps!)

radiator

cooling fans

BCM and ignition key (to run motor with VATS until it is deleted)

if wanted i will include pedals, and the clutch master cyl

Would there be anything above and beyond this list that would be beneficial to ask for to help with the swap ('76 280Z)?

I'm kinda excited but don't want to miss anything :)

Merry Christmas to me :D

perhaps you could negotiate a deal to purchase the entire car, then disassemble it at your leisure [also ensuring you have everything you need]. after you pull all you need, sell the remainder-locally, cheesebay, craigslist, etc. that's what i did and it helped to dramatically reduce my overall acquisition cost of the eng, trans, fans & pcm.

perhaps you could negotiate a deal to purchase the entire car, then disassemble it at your leisure [also ensuring you have everything you need]. after you pull all you need, sell the remainder-locally, cheesebay, craigslist, etc. that's what i did and it helped to dramatically reduce my overall acquisition cost of the eng, trans, fans & pcm.

I've got no means to get the entire car home as its quite a distance away from home and not in canada...lol

Gas pedal (I cut the end off and welded it to the end of the Datsun pedal to use the unmodified LS1 throttle cable), fuel tank and lines (I took the soft lines apart that connect to the tank and re-used the ends plus took the hard lines & tee near the fuel filter and cut, jointed, flared to re-use them), fuel tank mounting straps, gas tank filler neck (cut twice and extend and slides right into the Datsun fill neck), plastic brackets that hold the PCM and fuseblock, shifter boot, driveshaft (haven't had it shortened yet so I dont know how the aluminum shaft will work), OBD connector. That's all I can think of that I used.

Cameron

I don't see the driveshaft on that list. You will definitely need the driveshaft. I suggest you to get the pedal assembly also. There is a switch attached to the pedal assembly that used to disable the starting circuit. I cut the arm that holds the switch and welded it to the Z's pedal assembly. This will prevent accidents from happenning and it will require you press on the clutch to start the car. GL.

V.