HybridZ

Is this intake manifold worth the effort?

philfree

Then you'll want to get the added flow out. I imagine with a high flow exhaust, and a header and you would see a very respectable difference.

But it also depends what was done to the intake and how much it sells for. If he just bolted a 60mm tb to it.... no difference would be there, and would hinder flow if the tb isn't blended into the intake. Not enough info or pictures to make an accurate description...

did I confuse you enough lol....

But if they did it properly it would probably be an improvement as long as you improve your flow out of the car as well(exhaust upgrade at very least)....

good luck

I'd say this piece was built more for aesthetics than performance. There has been some debate on this site of what horsepower level is required before performance gains are achieved by a larger throttle body. http://forums.hybridz.org/showthread.php?t=119899

Also, giving up the webbed heat shielding is purely aesthetic and some would say detrimental to performance.

That being said, If you can get it for a good price go for it.

Hi

Thanks for the replies. I have asked the seller a question whether the manifold has had anything else done to it apart form the tb. One this i though of just now will the stock computer be able to uses the sensors on the tb?

Thanks for help very much appreciated

• Administrators
One this i though of just now will the stock computer be able to uses the sensors on the tb?

Looking at the picture, all I see is a typical GM idle air motor (not directly usable) and a GM potentiometer style TPS (not directly usable). The opposite side of the TB looks like its just the throttle 'cam'.

its basically just an early Z efi manifold, with a throttle body mounted to it. It has been cleaned up and possibly shaved down a little bit, but is not anything particularly special by any means. You could accomplish much the same thing with the EFI manifold on any Z motor, and a 60MM throttle body.

If you are looking for a mild piece to clean up your engine bay, you aren't that concerned with ragged edge power, and you can answer for certain the sensor compatibility questions, then it is a TOTALLY acceptable manifold. It is NOT much of a performance upgrade, though. As has been said, it all depends how high the tag goes.