HybridZ

New clutch, finally!!!

TurboSouthAfrican

Well, after much deliberation with members here, few other sites and some local guys, I decided on Competition clutch as my next source for my new clutch. There customer service I've heard was second to nun.

I talked to Chris H, told him I needed a clutch that would hold 600rwhp with good drive ability, to my shock he suggested a company called Carbonetic.

I thought this was odd, so Chris continued to tell that Comp. was the sole distributor of Carbonetic clutches in the US. and that they make a great product at a very reasonable price. So I ended up getting a twin disk Carbon clutch, cost me an arm and a leg (I am a poor carpenter) but he promised I would be happy with it. I called them Friday, clutch was at my doorstep by Monday afternoon, customer service at work already.

I have not installed yet but will knock it out this weekend. I need to know how many quarts the RB25 tranny takes, anyone know, thanks guys. Sorry about the long write up but just wanted everyone to know about this great company.......and maybe throw some pics out there.

Larry

Newclutch045.jpg

Newclutch046.jpg

Newclutch049.jpg

Man, I was gonna ask about the price of a single plate, but my new post is gonna say something like

"2000?!, fark that"

Thats hilarious, unfortunately I have to have this. I would rather spend the coin now and not have to worry about it. I guess we pay for peace of mind. The hotter the clutch gets, the better it sticks, love it.