HybridZ

MIL-Spec wiring and connectors

Careless

anyone know where to get the connectors, T lines, and wiring accessories that these guys use?

http://www.motorsport-wiring.com/

Mil-spec CPC Connectors are to wires as AN fittings are to hoses.

anyone have any links? distributors that sell to public?

I want to panel mount my EFI Harness if at all possible. Un-hook one big block, and the entire engine comes out.

Yeah, ITT-Canon Style Plugs...

Of course that site is recomending Raychem wiring, though not specifying if it's Tefzel coated, or what...

A/N is a standard, but there are other more secure tubing standards out there, depending on how severe the service. A/N is popular as they are light, easily available, and at one time were very cheap and available as surplus. That's how "Earls" got it's start!

Thanks guys.

I had found one site that had them available, I just didn't print the part numbers to PDF at the time, so I lost it for good (among a bunch of other useful wiring sites during that crash).

I see that they're using those Raychem mil-spec wound wire bundles. But I wonder where they get those very snazzy "T" lines. the ones that join at a double-90'.

Any idea what those are called?

I was going to just use the CPC Flange mounted cannon plug, but then I decided I will find a flange mounted metal housing with a sealing-oring for a more worthwhile application.

Might cost like 80 bucks for a friggen connector and two back halves to allow some flexing. (engine vibes)

Thanks doods =)

Thanks bjhines.

Those are actually the exact ones i had asked my electrical supplier if he could get last year, and he never got back to me. Perhaps I should follow up.

The reason I was second guessing though, is because in their gallery they have a picture of a ford cosworth engine with their "power-2-pass" technology (fancy word for scramble boost), and I saw it at the autoshow... the connectors looked like they were cast aluminum and painted black.

UL94V-0 heat rating on these plastic ones.... is that engine bay safe?

thanks! :-D

EDIT: GAHH! 1045 series is metal. and it's 10 times the price. lol