HybridZ

Anyone has a REAL R200 CLSD???

alexideways

By "real", I mean one that came from the factory with the thicker clutch pack and more aggressive ramp...

If yes and if you have it on a bench, would it be possible to get the measurement of the cross pin (length, diameter & angles at top & bottom ) and ramp (depth, angle and width of the opening)???

I'd like to weld up my ramps and have them machined in the more aggressive style and also have a new cross pin machined out of tool steel...

Thanks.:icon14:

Alex.

Ok then, thanks for the pointer, It just seemed like a fun project, since one friend just bought a new welder and an other one has access to a complete engineering school machine shop, but if it's waisted efforts, we'll keep those efforts for something else.

• Administrators

I don't personally know of any Datsun people re-ramping, but its somewhat common in other circles.

Just tossing in my dos pesos... a re-shim is not equivalent to a ramp change. If you have specific reasons for a ramp change, have at it. I would caution that you understand what it is you're trying to accomplish before going down that road.

There is a difference, you're right Ron. My point was more that if I had a machine shop at my disposal that still would be about #947 on my to do list. Add the clutches from the group buy and get rid of the spacers, shim it to a reasonable degree and after that you're talking about some pretty fine tuning in my opinion.

• 2 weeks later...
Add the clutches from the group buy and get rid of the spacers, shim it to a reasonable degree and after that you're talking about some pretty fine tuning in my opinion.

I'm already planning on doing that. I already have the clutches.

I would caution that you understand what it is you're trying to accomplish before going down that road.

The main reason for this whole idea, is to have it asymmetrically reramped to get a more aggressive lock-up on acceleration that deceleration.