HybridZ

Centerforce Dual Friction clutch install

I recently installed a dual friction clutch in my 74 260z. I got everything installed and I don't have enough clutch pressure to change gears. I've bled the system 4 or 5 times and it still doesn't work. I've got a WC T5 transmission, any ideas?

I dont think there is an adjustment on the slave cylinder. havent checked master. the clutch pedal feels kind of soft

Please check my post on installing that clutch. The master/slave cylinder size must match up. Too small a master cylinder will result in insufficient filling of the slave cylinder. Also, the rod length of the master cylinder is important. My main problem was the lack of freeplay which was solved by using a cut down midplate as a spacer. Was the CF dual friction worth it? Yes, pedal pressure is easy and the hook up is solid. How you are supposed to put the recommended 450 miles before dropping the hammer on semi race car, I will never know.

Please check my post on installing that clutch. The master/slave cylinder size must match up. Too small a master cylinder will result in insufficient filling of the slave cylinder. Also, the rod length of the master cylinder is important. My main problem was the lack of freeplay which was solved by using a cut down midplate as a spacer. Was the CF dual friction worth it? Yes, pedal pressure is easy and the hook up is solid. How you are supposed to put the recommended 450 miles before dropping the hammer on semi race car, I will never know.

http://forums.hybridz.org/showthread.php?t=125342&highlight=centerforce

also, after i bled the system i jacked up the rear tire to see if the new clutch worked. i put it into 1st gear depressed the clutch and had a buddy try to turn the rear wheel. it spun, so i let off of the clutch pedal and had him spin the tire again, and of course it did not spin. after this i assumed everything was cool and put everything back together and put the car back on the ground. then i started the car and it wouldn't go into gear. any other tips or ideas are greatly appreciated

To get my slave cylinder to properly bleed, I have to jack up the front of the car pretty high. If your bleeder isn't at the highest point of the slave, you will not get all the air out of it.

Hope this helps, mine drove me crazy until I figured this out.

Jeff

also, after i bled the system i jacked up the rear tire to see if the new clutch worked. i put it into 1st gear depressed the clutch and had a buddy try to turn the rear wheel. it spun, so i let off of the clutch pedal and had him spin the tire again, and of course it did not spin. after this i assumed everything was cool and put everything back together and put the car back on the ground. then i started the car and it wouldn't go into gear. any other tips or ideas are greatly appreciated

You know what assumption is, the mother of all screw ups. You should have jacked up the rear of the car and used the driveshaft lockup as the determining factor, not the turning of the rear wheel especially if it is an open rear end. I made the same mistake!:nono: Also, each clutch has its own specs and requirements that it takes an engineer to read and understand. The DF is a little different. You can't install that clutch disc backwards and bolt down the pressure plate.