HybridZ

Shock Tower Fabric Covers

Challenger

Has anyone remade the fabric pieces that fit over the shock towers and rear fender wells? It seems that if you take them apart at the seam and then cut new pieces, and sew it back together like youd make a pillow (sew on the inside and turn inside out) it wouldnt be to difficult.... Im hoping to get some help from my mom who can sew a little better then me.

Anyone have pictures of there own remade covers? I remeber see a few pictures but couldnt find them.

Thanks, I was thinking of trying to save money by doing it myself but for $140, its not worth trying to do it yourself. Ill have to call and check if it works for the 2+2's.

Note on Datsun Restore, has anyone been able to reach them by phone? I had called a few months back and never got an answer left 3 or 4 messages over a month or so and never got a call back. Finally just ordered off the internet.

If you can sew or your mom can, you can do it. It is a little tricky and you may have to trial and error it a bit if you have addtional sound-proofing under it. My mom is an excellent seamstress and helped me (she is 83 and still can work me into the ground). It took 4 hours and turned out nice. If you use fabric that has some stretch to it, that will make fitting it easier. You can get fancy and add in piping or top stitch the seam to create some addtional detail. All up I would guess I have $5.00 of materail in it. Just follow the pattern.

What did you use behind the vinyl? The stuff I have has a thin layer of soft white padding (not like the original stuff), Im afraid it might not be tough enough. Also since the original pieces werent sewn together did you just cut along the middle of the simulated threading?

Do you have any pics?