HybridZ

Getting a trigger wheel machined

jojothemonkey

So I plan to take this in on Monday to be done. It will be made of aluminum, 1/8 thick and the teeth will stick out at 1/4 past the dampener. The missing tooth will be aligned with the TDC groove in the dampener.

But of course I have a couple of questions.

Should I have the wheel mounted to the outer part of the dampener or to the inner part as indicated by the four holes?

The top of the teeth should be flat not curved right?

Also no matter what measurements of adjustments I take the teeth are still a different size than the space between them. Will that make a difference as long as all the teeth are the same size? Or should I just tell the them to make the teeth .25 wide, space between .25 and the missing tooth area .75?

TriggerWheelForMachineShop.jpg

Dampner004.jpg

Dampener005.jpg

I would reconsider having the shop machine the entire wheel if you can avoid it due to machining costs. Might try buying something like this

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/EDIS-36-1-trigger-wheel-megasquirt-2-3-ford-dis-turbo_W0QQitemZ160171012126QQcmdZViewItem

and having it modified to mount to your pulley. I had to have one for my Electormotive set up machined in an emergency, story here http://www.cardomain.com/ride/674663/5

and at 60 per hour, which is pretty dirt cheap it was over 260.00. You can buy the same wheel for like, 35.00. Granted he did mount it as well but the machining of the wheel was the time consuming part. 6 hours for everything and I was there every minute, not much wasted time.

Anyway, I'd google "edis trigger wheel" before I paid to have one machined.